Social Media Training & Consulting
Looking at making sense of the social media jungle out there? With over 50 conference presentations, workshops, webinars and other forms of courses internationally delivered since 2011, you are in good hands!
At eLoc, we provide consulting, training and conference speaking on Internet marketing, with emphasize on social networking and social media presence as well as search engine marketing (click here to read more about our search engine optimisation services). At times, it can feel like a real jungle out there for small business and freelance business owners. We can help.
Why eLoc Smart Solutions?
I started as a Social Manager in May 2011 for a diversified client portfolio - I would manage for them their online presence and community management (Twitter accounts, Facebook Pages, etc.) and train them on website optimization for SEO-purposes, LinkedIn, online reputation and online PR. In January 2012, my services were hired by the campaign team of a politician running in the 2012 French elections.
After a year, taking a closer look at my clients and contracts, it became clear that there was a particular need for this for small businesses and freelance businesses and that time-wise, it would make more sense to focus exclusively on training/speaking activities. After the electoral campaign in 2012, I therefore gradually stopped contracting Social Media & Community management jobs, and set out to focus exclusively on training clients, bringing the experience, ideas and other perspectives from other industries.
When it comes to your social media marketing, less is more! Let eLoc show you how and take control of your online marketing for an efficient, targeted (and fun) online marketing!
Some speaking and training engagements over the past few years included:
- Workshop on LinkedIn optimisation, ITA conference 2017, Tel Aviv, 02/2017
- Webinars: “Building your online presence”, part of the SUFT course, ITI, 2014-2015
- ITI International Conference 2015, Newcastle, 04/2015
- Presentation: "Pathway through the social networking jungle” - ITA 2015 Conference, Jerusalem, 02/2015
- Workshop: “Link in, Tweet Up, Branch Out” - ITI ScotNet, Glasgow, 10/2014
- Workshop: “Einführung zu Online-Marketing" - BDÜ Bavaria, Munich, 10/24
- Workshop: “LinkedIn: dressing your shop-window to the world” - XX. FIT World Congress, Berlin, 08/2014
- Presentation: "Pathway through the social networking jungle" - XX. FIT World Congress, Berlin, 08/2014
- “Introduction to Social Media Marketing”, FTSK Germersheim, University of Mainz, 07/2014
- Workshop: “Das perfekte Profil – Selbstvermarktung über Xing und LinkedIn”, BDÜ, Karlsruhe, 05/2014
- Workshop: "Business netiquette & reputation management online"- University of Aix-en-Provence, 03/2014
- Workshop: “Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook & Co. – Social Media Marketing", BDÜ, Stuttgart, 03/2014
- “Your LinkedIn profile: Your Shop-Window to the World” -Translation Days 2013, Cracow, 09/2013
- “Pathway through the Social Networking Jungle” – ITI Conference 2013, Gatwick, UK, 05/2013
- "Social Search engine optimization for translators: a case study” - The TLC 2013, Warsaw, 03/2013
- "Utiliser Twitter pour accroître sa visibilité en ligne” - ProZ.com Conference 2012, Lyon, 09/2012
- “Social Media Marketing: why, what, how” – ProZ.com international conference 2012, Barcelona, 06/2012
Some past publications & contributions include:
- "LinkedIn invites: a tale of ice-breaking and first impressions"
Feb 2014, ITI (Institute of Translation & Interpreting) Blog
- "Zwitschern Sie sich bekannt! Positionierung mit Social Media"
Mar 2013, MDÜ 2/2013 (BDÜ's journal)
- "Social Media - Profi-Marketingwerkzeug oder Dschungel-Camp?"
Apr 2012, BW-Polyglott (BDÜ Baden-Württemberg journal)
- "The Tricky Question of LinkedIn Recommendations"
Dec 2011, LinkedIn & Business magazine
- "Google+: Misunderstood or Underestimated?"
Oct 2011, Social Media Today platform
- Contributor to 'Diversification in the Language Industry – Success beyond translation',
by Nicole Y. Adams, published Nov. 2013 (view book)
- Contributor to 'The translation sales handbook' by Luke Spear, 2014 (view book)